Geo4Agri - Geomatics and rural buildings
TAG: satellite remote sensing, UAV, GIS, digital photogrammetry, landscape planning
Development of prototypal procedures based on remotely sensed data for territorial services supplying
The team is highly skilled in spatial data processing, validation and interpretation for territory survey and representation with special concerns about monitoring and planning issues.
Main research fields concern:
- multi-and hyper-spectral optical remote sensing from satellite, aircraft, drone to support precision farming/forestry, ecological and hydrogeological applications
- digital cartography and photogrammetry, traditional and GNSS-based survey
- LiDAR (Light Detection And Ranging) dataset processing aimed at supporting silviculture estimates of tree/forest features (tree height, diameter, volume, basal area, etc.)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and spatial analysis with special focus on planning, soil sealing, landscape ecology
- spatial data quality assessment
- spatial interpolation of point data.
The research team also deals with criteria for both smart building and landscape design of rural buildings with specific expertise in livestock buildings, green buildings and sustainable territory planning.
Specific research themes are:
- Rural areas mapping aiming at landscape analysis and planning
- Crop monitoring for precision farming and insurance instances
- Forest monitoring and mapping to support forest management and planning.
The integration of different and transversal competences has led to develop prototypal methodologies and service prototypes based on spatial and remotely sensed data with the aim of operating their technology transfer.
- TELECER – Remote Sensing for Productive and Qualitative Improvement of Cereals in Advanced Production Chains – Competitive Call FEASR - Programma di Sviluppo Rurale 2014-2020 (PSR) Regione Piemonte (Italy)
- Methods and Applications Aimed at Updating Floods Damage Maps as Required by the Italian Plan for Management of Flood Risk in the Po River Basin
- Pilot project – Monitoring – Reg. UE 746/2018 concerning designing and implementation of a prototype system for CAP controls in agriculture based on Copernicus Sentinel 2 data.
- Scientific support aimed at supporting designing and implementation of a web service released by the Piemonte Region (NW Italy) Geoportal for the distribution of time series of spectral indices from Copernicus Sentinel 2 data.
- Characterization of land use in the Diocese of Goma (Democratic Republic of the Congo) by satellite remote sensing (2019) - Università di Milano/CARITAS
- Valutazione di sistemi tecnologici di telerilevamento da mezzo aereo in agricoltura (2018) - ARPEA - Agenzia Regionale Piemontese per le Erogazioni in Agricoltura e DigiSky S.r.l.
- Supporto allo sviluppo di un progetto di viticoltura di precisione mediante telerilevamento. (2016-17) - DELOITTE FINANCE PROCESS SOLUTION S.p.A.
- SISAV - Strumenti Integrati per la Sostenibilità Ambientale del Vigneto (2018) - PSR 2014-2020 Regione Piemonte - proposta progettuale MISURA 16.1.1 AZIONE 1 - FOCUS AREA 4B.
- Sarvia, F., De Petris, S., & Borgogno-Mondino, E. (2022). Mapping ecological focus areas within the EU CAP controls framework by Copernicus Sentinel-2 data. Agronomy, 12(2), 406.
- Sarvia F., Xausa E., Petris S.D., Cantamessa G., & Borgogno-Mondino, E. (2021). A Possible Role of Copernicus Sentinel-2 Data to Support Common Agricultural Policy Controls in Agriculture. Agronomy, 11(1), 110.
- Orusa T., Orusa R., Viani A., Carella E., & Borgogno Mondino E. (2020). Geomatics and EO Data to Support Wildlife Diseases Assessment at Landscape Level: A Pilot Experience to Map Infectious Keratoconjunctivitis in Chamois and Phenological Trends in Aosta Valley (NW Italy). Remote Sensing, 12(21), 3542.
- Sarvia F, De Petris S & Borgogno-Mondino E. (2020). Multi-scale remote sensing to support insurance policies in agriculture: from mid-term to instantaneous deductions, GIScience & Remote Sensing, 57:6, 770-784, DOI: 10.1080/15481603.2020.1798600
- Borgogno-Mondino E., Lessio A., Tarricone L., Novello V., & de Palma L. (2018). A comparison between multispectral aerial and satellite imagery in precision viticulture. Precision Agriculture, 19(2), 195-217.
Barbara Drusi (Coordinator)